Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Joys Of Being An Au Pair

I have one of the greatest jobs ever.
<3 I love spending afternoons playing with children.
<3 I love that I currently have candy, candy wrappers, tissues (both new and unused), a Thomas and the Big, Big Bridge, and tons of tram and old bus tickets filling my purse.
<3 I love going to an international school and hearing people from all different countries speaking various languages.
<3 I love feeling like I'm on my own but also having a loving, caring adoptive family.
<3 I love taking day trips to France and weekend trips to places like Italia and Turkey
<3 I love going to adorable cafes with good friends after putting the kids to bed
<3 I love reading stories at night
<3 I love driving on narrow little roads and speeding down the autobahn
<3 I love spending Friday nights in the city
<3 I love chatting, drinking coffee, and eating chocolates with my host parents late at night
<3 I love going out for a day and not hearing any English
<3 I love learning about a new culture


I have been blessed with such a great opportunity.  I thank God for how he worked through this and is teaching me so much. I am thankful for the people he has brought into my life. I have been blessed with a great little community of Christian friends and have gotten to meet people from so many places. I've had opportunities to travel.  I've gotten to spend time with friends from home and to meet new people.  I sometimes miss my family and friends at home, but I'll find it hard to leave in April.

I love being able to finally be a big sister and also like a mom.  I have learned so much about raising a family. I know I have so much more to learn but after living with two different families as an au pair and doing a lot of babysitting, I've gotten to learn a lot about what I want for my future.  I'm so blessed with this opportunity to meet new people, learn a lot, and experience a new way of life.

God is so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment